4.27.2009

[petit fours and...]

prettyplates
I'm just a little obsessed with tea parties (I only mention them here, here, here and here) and with spring in the air the bug is back and I'm finally committing to throwing one of my own. I've also had a bit of post party blues (you know, like you get after you take all the Christmas decorations down) now that the Neverland party has come to a close, Easter is over, and the fourth of July is just too, too far away. The wheels in my head have been spinning for some time now concerning a pretty rockin' tea party and when I saw these lovely plates while out antiquing this weekend, light bulbs burst and ideas started stewing. Plans are in the works ladies and gents. Plans are in the works.

*and yes, I did purchase these.

8 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS plates, SO with you on the tea party thing and LOVED your Neverland party. Adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you buy them? Are plane tickets included in the invitations?

    I just invited myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, I want to take each one of those plates home! Perfect for decorating the wall of a dining room. And perfect for a tea party too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am in love with those plates. i hope you got them! tea parties (w/ petit fours, cupcakes, macarons, scones, clotted cream, and lemon curd) are my favorite too. i don't know if you're ever in san francsico, but if you are, there's a really great tea place called The Crown & Crumpet in Ghirardelli Square. it's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are so lovely, I just received a set by Rosanna (a Seattle designer who's just gone big time)...I think you'd like her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love to own those plates. I've never seen anything like them! Good luck with your tea party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should definitely have a tea party! My sister had a tea party wedding shower last weekend and it was absolutely beautiful - mis-matched tea cups, flowers in tea tins, and we dressed in our 'fancies'! Here are some pics: http://inbloomstudioblog.blogspot.com/2009/04/tea-time.html

    p.s. LOVE your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm here via Decor8. Your blog is utterly delightful.

    ReplyDelete